So, this is the meme du jour, which wouldn't normally be much of a draw, but it fits with my new year state of mind, so why not?
- Co-founded a company that went public and was at one time worth over a billion dollars.
- Gave a three hour lecture via a translator.
- Made a self-lighting jack-o-lantern, by turning it into a battery. (Hint: you need to saturate it with salt water.)
- Chatted over the Internet with people in Israel dealing with SCUD attacks during the FIRST gulf war.
- Co-founded an online literary magazine, complete with hyperlinking, five years before the World Wide Web was invented.
- Won third place for best small tattoo at a tattoo convention.
- Changed majors and schools (within the same university) the day before classes started in my freshman year.
- Wrote and got paid for a book by a major publisher that was never published.
- Co-created the web robot exclusion protocol (used to control what pages search engine spiders are allowed to crawl).
- Married the twin sister of the my college roommate's wife.
So, that's done. On to new year's eve!Tags: cintax, college, irc, lycos, pumpkin, robots.txt, tattoo, wife, writing